Trish & Aaron
It was an absolute pleasure to make Trish's wedding dress for her wedding last September. She was the first bride to visit the Kindling showroom after I launched, in fact her first visit was before it was even finished!
She was a joy to get to know over her visits and fittings, and I was very lucky to receive an invite to her wedding reception, which made it even more special seeing her in person looking absolutely stunning on her wedding day, wearing her Aquarius Gown in the ivory/Ecru colourway, styled with an epic Howling Moon Crystal crown, some incredible glitter ankle boots and the most beautiful bouquet of colourful blooms by Stems Design florist.
I'm so happy to share this blog post, with photos from Trish & Aaron's beautiful, personal and super fun Yorkshire wedding, filled to the brim with love. They had the coolest wedding ever - a glitter bar where the guests could get sparkly, incredible food trucks, a not-so-silent silent disco. Trish even switched up her look later in the evening by adding an incredible festival-worthy purple wig, which went perfectly with Aaron's glitter beard!
I asked Trish some questions (see her answers below) which I thought might be helpful for other brides, so have a read and enjoy these stunning images by Aaron Jeffels Photographer.
- When/where did you get engaged?
We got engaged at Secret Garden Party in 2017. Secret Garden party is such a magical special place for us both and this was the last ever one. It happened on the first day when we were off exploring. We had broken away from our big group of friends and we were walking along a gorgeous path by the lake lined with weeping willows in glorious sunshine. This is when Aaron popped the question. I didn't think that such a magical place could become even more special. We spent the weekend celebrating with all of our friends. It was just perfect.
- What did you most + least enjoy about planning your wedding? I loved every single minute of planning the wedding. Planning our magical wedding was just a dream come true and we enjoyed every moment of it.
- What was your favourite part of your wedding day? Every part! Each part was enjoyable and magical in its own special way. From getting ready in the morning with my girls to dancing the night away at the silent disco covered in glitter. - How did you find your dress, and how did you know it was 'the one'?: My maid of honour is friends with Kerri and attended her wedding. I remember Tara showing me pictures of Kerri's dress and I thought the fabric and design was just fabulous and Kerri looked amazing. Tara later told me that Kerri was setting up her own company designing and making wedding dresses. I wasn't engaged at the time but I thought I must remember this piece of information. When I became engaged I asked Tara to contact Kerri about her dresses. The dresses weren't officially getting launched until a few months time but Kerri was kind enough to let me have a sneak peek. I knew that I didn't want a "traditional" wedding dress. Our wedding was anything but traditional. I loved the whole story behind the dress. That a local lass in West Yorkshire was setting up her own business from scratch and that the dresses would be handmade here in England. The thought of a bridal boutique freaked me out, I didn't want a typical dress that would probably be mass produced in a warehouse in China. In fact my other maid of honour had booked for us to go to a bridal boutique to try on dresses but I had a melt down and made her cancel it. It was the fabric I had fallen in love with. Such beautiful lace and so different, I'd never seen anything like it before. The quality of the lace and the silk is impeccable. I absolutely loved the design too. I knew I wanted sleeves. The dress was a great mixture of modern vs vintage with some boho sprinkled on there too. I never dreamed that I would be able to get away with wearing a low cut back but the backless strapless bra worked.
- Favourite part about wedding dress shopping? Kerri made the whole experience of dress shopping so special. Her studio in Hebden Bridge is just gorgeous. She is nestled away on the top floor of an old mill next to a river. The whole scene is very picturesque. Kerri is so friendly and greets you with warmth. Her studio is decorated in her very own quirky style and smells amazing as the room was always scented with her sister in law's candles, the tomato leaves and oregano is my favourite. It was great fun trying on all the different styles and Kerri was so open to my ideas. When I had chosen "the one" I received regular updates on where my dress was at, until it was time to pick her up
- Least favourite part about wedding dress shopping? Worrying that I wouldn't get my belly into the dress, but I did and I felt like a Queen. The alterations which Kerri made to fit my awkward size 10-14 shape were flawless and the dress hugged every curve just perfectly. - Any tips for current brides to be?:
Have fun and don't sweat the small stuff. Planning and good preparation is key. Make your wedding day personal to you and enjoy every moment.