Becka & Pete
Updated: Apr 1, 2020
What a joy it was to meet Becka & be a part of her wedding journey. She came along to her first appointment with her mum, bridesmaid and gorgeous little boy, Noah. I knew straight away she'd be a wonderful Kindling Bride - she was so excited about her wedding, and so open to trying on different styles.
Becka fell in love with the Aquarius Gown in the ivory/ecru colourway, which gives it a vintage feel compared to the full ivory version. She loved the low back on this style and opted to take it even lower, and as each dress is made to order we're happy to accomodate such requests - in fact I love it when a bride wants to add her own touch to a style.
She married Pete at Manor House in Lindley - a beautiful venue with some stunning photo opportunities, thanks to the amazing interiors.
All images: Alfred & Co Photography
- When/where did you get engaged?:
Well... I was 7 months pregnant at the time and I as I have been badgering Pete for years about proposing I always said please please what ever you do, don`t just give it me sat on the sofa.. haha! We have been together quite a number of years and travelled to some amazing places where in my words he "missed the opportunity" so I was quite happy with his choice. We love to go up to the lakes and try and get up there once a year for a little trip away, usually on August bank holiday.. Pete took me up there on 28th April 2018. We stopped off for breakfast in Kirby Lonsdale and then headed to Windermere where Pete took me out on a boat on lake Windermere and kept wanting to stop the boat but me being me kept saying "why you stopping, carry on" .. ha.. little did I know he wanted to stop to ask me.. I was sooo overwhelmed,shocked and cried my eyes out it was perfect, just us on a little boat with the most beautiful ring.
- What did you most + least enjoy about planning your wedding?: We booked our wedding in Sept 18 to get married June 19 and I had 9 months to get everything sorted. I love planning and a good spreadsheet, so for me this was amazing! I loved everything about it. I loved researching, following amazing Instagram accounts @festivalbrides, @rockmywedding, #foliagewedding #bohobouquet setting up various Pinterest boards, deciding what style I liked and what theme, then finding suppliers etc and getting things purchased. I guess the thing I enjoyed least was the cost of things and having to revisit the budget and make sure I wasn't going crazily off. Within reason of course - you only do this once and want everything to be perfect.
- What was your favourite part of your wedding day?: The most favourite part was walking down the aisle and seeing Pete's face. I'll never forget that.. then after we got married, the band playing outside, sunshine and drinking cocktails was just amazing!
- How did you find your dress, and how did you know it was 'the one'?: I knew from the start I didn't want a "typical wedding dress" its not that I don`t appreciate them but the satin/princess style is just not me.... I knew I wanted something different and bohemian. I'd heard about Kindling Bridal from one of the venues I was interested in, and a Kindling Bride that had the dress on that I knew instantly was what I wanted. I looked on the website at all the different styles. when I came to the studio and tried on all the collection I narrowed it down to 3, I went away and couldn't stop thinking about the Aquarius so I knew that was the one, it just felt right!
- Favourite part about wedding dress shopping? Everything.. the whole experience was so special. - Least favourite part about wedding dress shopping? So many gorgeous ones to choose from and it's hard to make a decision.
- Any tips for current brides to be?: Start planning early, go with your heart, you only do it once so make it as special as you can.
Love, Kerri xx
Photographer: Alfred & Co Photography
Venue: Manor House, Lindley
Flowers: Stems Design
Dress: Aquarius Gown, Kindling Bridal
Shoes: Jimmy Choo